Another anime I should have talked about in 2018 but did so in 2019. Longtime fans know about my poor time management/scheduling skills. In any case this is another “Better late than never” post.
Check out my reviews of the 1st and 2nd seasons HERE.
There is little to add that I have not already in my previous reviews. Season 3 is overall more of the same:
- Beautiful vistas.
- Cute girls going on hiking and mountain climbing adventures.
- Cute girls doing cute things in their spare time.
- Kaede being the experienced climber and super sexy (Yes I ship her with her classmate/bestie).
- Kokona being omega kawaii.
- Honoka being almost as adorable as Kokona but sadly does not appear very often.
- The episodes are longer than S1 but do not hit the 20+ minute mark.
- Aoi X Hinata relationship drama.
While the “story so far” was Aoi preparing for her rematch with Mt Fuji the REAL MAIN STORY saw an interesting twist. Usually we saw the development from Aoi’s point of view. In S3 we got to mostly see it from Hinata’s point of view. Without giving too much away, at their point in the series Aoi was slowly coming out of her shell and socializing with more of her classmates. On one hand Hinata was proud to see her girlfriend growing stronger. On the other hand it appeared to her as if Aoi was “outgrowing” her to the point of her wondering whether Aoi wanted to continue dating her or not. I leave it to newcomers to find out whether the cuties were able to overcome this latest dilemma in their love life.
Another enjoyable season of YnS. Hopefully there will be a 4th season because I want to see Aoi beat Mt Fuji and more of “you know what”.