Think of this title as Neptunia 4 Plus. Not exactly a RE;Birth 4 but something like that. Oh and the correct pronunciation is “Vee-Two-R”.
Gamindustri – a world sitting at the convergence of multiple dimensions. Of these existed the Zero Dimension, a world on the brink of collapse.
Zero Dimension’s last guardian, Uzume Tennouboshi, waged a war against a mysterious evil known as the Dark CPU. Her desperate cries for help crossed dimensions and reached Neptune, the CPU of Planeptune, who would leave her world to join the fight.
Their fateful meeting would open the path to a new adventure.
And once their world is saved, they’ll join you in yours!
- Visual Enhancements – Rendered in a new engine, you’ll enjoy a smoother, richer graphical experience!
- Waifus go 3D – The Gamindustri Goddesses dimension-hop right into your PlayStation®VR headset! For the first time ever, you can interact with the Goddesses in VR one-on-one while they explore you, The Player’s, room.
- New World, New Fights – A renovated battle system allows you to set each attack combo mid-battle and introduces new elements of strategy and resource-management.
- Console Wars go Next-Gen – Transform into even more powerful beings with their NEXT forms, and take control of a different set of characters who want to run Gamindustri!
- Virtual Relaxation – Customize your VR room’s furniture with Nep-worthy looks!
So this is a situation similar to the Senran Kagura’s and Valkyrie Drive’s Locker/Dressing Room where the VR Room’s Yuri lies in the self-insert character being female…meaning the VR Mode is as yuri as the player wants it to be. This of course won’t be a problem for lady “Neppomaniacs”. Even so the main story already has enough yuri goodness to cherish in both shipping and in-universe lesbians.
Megadimension VIIR is scheduled for a May 8th, 2018 release on the Playstation 4. I imagine a Steam port will follow suit sometime in the Fall or Winter.
Also readers wanting an idea of what to expect from Neptunia 4 as a whole can check out my review of the original game HERE.
Now for a bonus announcement for readers planning on getting both Steam versions of Peach Beach Splash and Cyberdimension Neptunia.
So Senran Kagura fans who felt like the franchise needed a taste of “The Almighty Nepster Brother Brother, OH BROTHER” can make their wish come true very soon.