Since I’ve got some more spare time to enjoy online, I figured I’d answer some random questions directed towards other people. I stopped by the Chikorita157 blog and saw some neat questions asked by Silvachief and figured I’d have some fun answering them.
1. If you were no longer able to blog about what you do now, what would you blog about?
Nothing. I’d retire and find something else to occupy my time. There are far too many gaming blogs and I’m not much of an internet wrestling smark.
2. What is your favorite quote from an anime/visual novel/other?
It used to be the Unlimited Blade Works chant but ever since Shirou chanted it in the Unlimited Blade Works movie, the awesomeness of that chant was forever shattered. I dislike Shirou Emiya THAT much.
On the bright side, there are still the ending abbreviations without meaning such as “Desu”, “Nano-da”, “De-Geso” etc.
3. If you could gather everyone on your blogroll in one place, where would it be and why?
Probably a yuri convention so we could all have a long chat about the yuri shows, manga and other stuff from the past, present and future. If there is no yuri convention, a regular anime con or even a comic con are fine by me.
4. A 2-way dimensional rift has opened outside your house. Which fictional universe would you want it to connect to?
Gamindustri from Hyperdimension Neptunia.
5. What is the story behind your avatar name?
I started off as an Emperor in Crunchyroll and Shoujoai.com. My ego eventually inflated and I promoted myself to overlord after joining Animeforum.org.uk. The Overlord title also comes from several Nippon Ichi Studios games taking place in the Netherworld. The Netherworld is supposedly full of overlords. The G is short for Gomez, my last name. The O is also the acronym for my first name. Thus, OG. Also because of my inflated ego, I nicknamed myself the OG-Man because I AM A MAN!
6. Do you have any phobias, fictional or otherwise?
I used to have a fear of all things yaoi 10 years ago but in time I gained a better understanding of homosexual rights and no longer fear gays but rather treat them like everyone else. I still fear penises that are not my own…but I don’t mind futanari yuri. My brain is weird.
7. If you could conquer any one country, which one would it be?
Gamindustri because I’ve always wanted to be a final boss in a video game or anime. Main villain or legendary creature of ultimate destruction are both fine.
8. Which super power would you like to have?
9. If you could be any other fictional race, which would you be?
A cross-breed between a centaurian and a shokan with a little bit of tarkatan blood. Basically a bizarre chimera creature or a “CenShoTan”.
10. Which 3 animals would you most like as pets?
11. You find yourself in the waiting room at The Geek Clinic. Why are you there?
I’ve never been there. A more appropriate answer is pending.
The Chinese Chikorita asked some questions to Silvachief and I wanna try answering them too.
What is your opinion about Anime streaming services like Crunchyroll? Do you find yourself using them?
I’m kind of a pirate. I prefer downloading to watching anime for some reason. I also prefer watching “Mainstream Sweethearts” on TV. Like I said, I’m weird. Back to the main question, if it helps the anime make a profit and create more seasons of shows I wish had more seasons then those who like watching legally streamed shows can go for it.
2. Who is your favorite Japanese Singer?
I don’t know any Japanese singers who are ONLY singers and not voice actors. To compensate, I’ll say Nana Mizuki and Aoi Yuuki (Because I’m in love with her). In case Kalafina counts, there you go.
3. If you have to choose between a smartphone, tablet (excluding convertible laptops like the Surface Pro) or a ChromeBook, which one would you use to blog with?
I dislike portable devices. I do all my blogging and internet surfing on my laptop. It’s portable, yes, but it’s still bigger than most other portable devices.
4. Which next generation video game console (Wii U, Xbox One, Playstation 4) would you buy?
Wii-U. After several price drops a PS4 as well.
5. If you can change the ending of an Anime, which show would you do this to and why?
Because the question only requires one answer, I’d say Yamibou because the ending was STUPID, STUPID, STUPID! I doubt any analyst could convince me that ending was good. The writers clearly pulled it out of their behinds. For people who say that it was because Eve couldn’t leave her job as a universal librarian, then WHY THE HECK DO THE WHOLE SIXTEEN YEAR INTER DIMENSIONAL CRAP IN THE FIRST PLACE!?
6. What Japan-exclusive game would you like to play if you knew Japanese?
Every single untranslated yuri visual novel and video game with lesbian content in existence.
7. If Kyubey appeared in front of your window and asks you to make a contract in order to become a magical girl, would you go for it?
I am currently content with my existence.
8. Which do you prefer to listen to, Korean Pop or Japanese Pop?
I haven’t heard enough K-Pop to distinguish between the two.
9. If you managed an idol group, what name would you call it?
10. If you can date an Anime character, which one would you choose?
To make my fitional race come true and just for kicks, Mileena or Sheeva.
11. What source material would you like to see an Anime for and which animation studio would you pick?
Octave and an anime studio that would not screw up lesbian protagonists. I guess Studio DEEN. If visitors, fans, loyal subjects and yuri council members can name a better studio, be my guest.